The Sponsor Board is responsible for decisions about Plan benefits and setting contribution rates. The Sponsor Board has a representative role, which means that each of its members represent the views of the sponsor organization that nominated the member.
What We Do
- Establish and maintain the Plan Text
- Establish the funding objectives, including the level of acceptable investment risk
- Determine the contribution rates for SFPP
- Monitor the plan’s operations and performance
- Determine remuneration to be paid to the Corporate Board directors
Who We Are
The Sponsor Board consists of three employee representatives and three employer representatives. Employee representatives are from the following organizations: Edmonton Police Association, Calgary Police Association, and a representative for the police services of Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Lacombe, Camrose, and Taber. Employer representatives are from the City of Edmonton, the City of Calgary, and a representative for the municipalities of Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Lacombe, Camrose, and Taber.