The Corporate Board is entrusted to take the right financial steps now so that the Plan is sustainable in years to come. As the trustee and legal governing body of the Corporation, we have a fiduciary responsibility to our members and to the corporation. We oversee the Plan Fund, including the supervision of asset investments as well as other fiduciary and administrative duties related to the Plan. In addition, we provide advice and recommendations to the Sponsor group on Plan design, maximum contribution threshold, and funding policy when requested.
One of our objectives is to ensure pension funds are invested wisely so that your money makes money. In 2018, 80% of every dollar paid to a pensioner came from investment money, and we want to build on that through fact-based decision making with your financial future always top of mind.
What We Do
- Establish the investment policy based on the Sponsor Board’s risk parameters
- Carry out the actuarial valuation process which sets the stage for contribution rate level
- Oversee the Plan’s operations and performance
- Oversee the audit of the Plan
- Communicate to Plan members on the financial health of the Plan
Who We Are
Members of the Corporate Board are appointed by SFPP sponsors. Corporate Board directors are appointed for three-year terms and may be reappointed to a maximum of 10 years.